The scholarship will provide assistance to the dependent child of an employee within the Division of Finance and Operations. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement, school/employment/community activities, and financial need.
Download the Guidelines.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a dependent child of a staff member. The staff member must be employed in the Division of Finance and Operations, must be a full-time employee, and must be budgeted at least 50% in a qualifying department for at least two years prior to the start date of the award period (beginning on July 1).
- Be admitted into and enrolled in at least twelve (12) hours at Texas A&M University, College Station; and
- Be classified as an undergraduate student.
Applicants must also:
- Provide evidence of academic achievement and school/employment/community activities. Application packet must include an application, activity profile, personal statement, two letters of reference, and high school or college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are permitted). Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be obtained from http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
- Funds can be used for educational expenses such as tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies, and other related expenses.
- Texas A&M - Blinn Team dual enrollment is permitted and counts toward minimum required hours.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee is comprised of employees from the Division of Finance and Operations. Committee members may not be the parent of an applicant for the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on academic achievement, school/employment/community activities, and financial need.
- Scholarships will be for one academic year and will provide $1,000 per semester.
- To receive funds for the spring term, scholarship recipients must maintain a fall course grade point average of 2.0 or better and be enrolled in at least twelve (12) hours for the spring term.
- Scholarship recipients may re-apply in subsequent years, for a maximum total of four years, as long as he/she maintains satisfactory academic progress (2.5 overall G.P.A.).
- If the scholarship recipient transfers from Texas A&M University, College Station, to any other university, the remainder of the scholarship is not transferable.
How to Submit the Application
This application and accompanying materials must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date. You may submit applications via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing or delivering applications to:
General Services Complex, Suite 1801
Mail Stop 1247
College Station, TX 77843-1247
Telephone: (979) 845-4453
All application materials should be submitted under one cover. Any questions concerning the application can be directed to the above address or call (979) 845-1911.